Have you ever thought about implementing a double cleanse in your skincare routine? Or have you ever heard of a double cleansing anyway? A double cleanse is simply cleansing the skin twice, first with an oil based product to clean off any makeup left on your skin, excess sebum, debris, etc. and then going in with a cleanser to fit your needs (acne, anti aging, calming, etc.). Implementing a double cleanse will ensure a thorough cleanse that sets you up for your healthiest looking skin every single day & night!
1. If you use a makeup wipe and then go in with your cleanser does that consider a double cleanse?
No, that’s not enough to penetrate those layers of debris to make sure there is nothing left on your skin. Sometimes I’ll use a makeup wipe and then I’ll follow my double cleanse to ensure that literally nothing is left on my skin so my other skincare products can get to work!
2. Whats a good oil based skin care product?
Some of my favorites are (in no particular order):
- Dermalogica precleanse
- Neutrogena ultra light cleansing oil
- Bareminerals oil obsessed total cleansing oil
- Clinique take the day off balm or cleansing oil
- PUR melt away makeup emulsifier
- Burt’s Bees facial cleansing oil with coconut & argan oils
- What am I using right now to cleanse my skin?
Currently I am using the clinique take the day off balm to take off what’s on my skin from the day and then going in with my murad acne cleanser with my clarisonic.
If you have any more questions about double cleansing please let me know! Are you applying a double cleanse in your skincare routine or are you going to start now?
Until next time,